Saturday, September 10, 2011

Southerners and Bourbon

When I taste bourbon I think of my mother's bourbon cakes that she used to make for Christmas. And when I was diagnosed with celiac, bourbon was suddenly out of the picture. As well as cakes.

But these days, I've found ways to make delicious gluten-free cakes. And I recently found a gluten-free bourbon. Maker's Mark -- it's top drawer (as cousin Scott would say!).

I reported recently via social media that I was enjoying a Maker's Mark and Ginger Ale. I was roundly scolded by my bourbon purist friends (all of them fellow Church members!). But I don't care. I can't drink the stuff neat. So I am enjoying a nice tall glass of Maker's Mark, crushed ice and Vernors ginger ale. Perfection. Especially on a warm Texas night.

Here's another variation on the Bourbon and Ginger Ale. I need to try this soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment