Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heavenly Pie

The recipe straight out of the YWCA Cookbook, circa 1968.


The remnants of Julia Ann's amazing pie.


My attempt at the same pie earlier in the week. This picture is taken with the whipped cream/lemon curd filling and whipped cream topping. SINFUL!


This is what the crust looked like on my pie. Total meringue.
This is a gluten-free pie crust and a darn good gluten-free pie.

Heavenly Pie

I made a pie three days before we left to go visit my MIL. It was this one.

When we arrived in Arkansas, we were fed a luscious dinner of shrimp creole and...you guessed it...this very same pie.

My recipe was less than stellar, which I got from a test kitchen magazine. My mother-in-law's was perfect, and came from a cookbook printed the year my brother was born. So this makes it an oldie, but a reeeeeeeeeeeal goodie!!

Here is her recipe from the 1968 YMCA Pine Bluff Cookbook. I'm trying to track down an extra copy of this awesome cookbook, so shout out if you know where I can find one!!! And if you make this scrumptious pie, let us know!!

**As an addendum, I was told to let the pie crust sit in a warm oven for up to 3 hours after baking it.




No comments:

Post a Comment