Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy beef stir fry (gluten-free too!)

This is another busy week. Between football, birthdays and surf contests I found a night to make a quick, fresh meal.

I think the key to cooking with a packed schedule is planning. Make sure you have all your ingredients together way in advance (HA-haaaaahahahahahaha, oh how I slay me). I actually bought only the foods I would need for the week and did not freeze any of the meats. Eat fresh!!

This was very simple. I am trying to eat clean (she says as a hand full of candy corn goes in her mouth) so I didn't add too much the the beef and veggies to season them.

Don't raw veggies look yummy?! Chop some red pepper, savoy cabbage, and some cilantro.

Next, stir fry some beef strips in olive oil until brown. To this I added some Rice Wine vinegar, ginger, and some 5 spice oriental seasoning.  Oh, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. And salt. All to taste.
Then you should add in your longer cooking veggies. I added broccoli and sugar snap peas. Mmmmm. Cook until these veggies are crisp tender. 
Now add in some red peppers. Use your imagination on the veggies.  The more veggies the better for you!  When the red pepper is tender, toss in some Savoy cabbage.  Cook until wilted.


Top with cilantro.....be heavy handed here.  Cilantro is just so yummy and adds a punch of yumminess to everything.  Serve over a bed of rice noodles and enjoy!

**Sister Pam says that this dish is GLUTEN FREE!!! Just don't add any soy sauce to this lovely creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment